Search This Blog

Friday, July 23, 2010

Have a great wiki-end!

 Wiki wiki - or "quick quick" in Hawaiin, was brought into our collaborative e-learning consciousness by Worst Case Scenario-Yo who reflected in her recent post

wikis for everyone  on the online projects she is involved in. I am glad she highlighted Wikis as important educational spaces. In the words of Worst case Scenario-Yo:

"I volunteered to re-build the site content on Wikispaces so that the website could really promote collaberation and learning.  Wiki's are a learning theorist's greatest dream - they have the ability to promote Constructivism,Cognitivism and Behaviourism through collaberation, interaction and distribution of learning." 
This made me think of a great and forward-thinking Physio lecturer at the University of the Western Cape, Michael Rowe, who has researched the use of wiki's for teaching physio. See his OpenPhysio wiki site at: http://openphysio.co.za/. All his important presentations around e-learning and technology (like PLE's, blogs, wikis etc) can be found at his Slideshare page. The one entitled: "Collaborative knowledge construction with wikis"
 I embed below. This is wonderful insight backed by a research mode of teaching. Enjoy!


1 comment:

  1. Hi JP. Thanks for highlighting Michael Rowe's excellent presentation. I navigated to his site and somehow ended up on the following site:
    http://echucaelearning.wikispaces.com
    I played around a little bit and eventually can to "How to Wiki". Well, all I can say is - I really am going to have a wiki-end - I just hope it doesn't fly by!

    ReplyDelete