Search This Blog

Thursday, January 29, 2015

Another year, another....

Today marks the eve of the e-learning module contact session with the MPhil HPE Class of 2015. I find myself wondering.... Is this another year with more of the same? Another year of angst and exhaustion following a tough contact week and even more nerve-wrecking proposal presentations this morning? Is this just another year of trying to come up with a witty theme and style for the module blog that half the participants aren't going to remember how to find in September when the module is about to begin?

Well, do not fear. I'm not some despondent, tired-to-be-teaching-the-same-module-again, type of facilitator. No, in fact I know that no matter how prepared or unprepared I may feel for our session in the morning, I am going to be excited when 8h00 arrives. Here's why...

At the end of this exhausting, angst-filled week that has marked the beginning of your final year, I get the chance to inspire an idea in at least one of you. I don't know if it'll be more than one or all, who will choose to take this elective at the end of the year (I will be happy with at least one though :) :) ). What I do know, is that every year, including the year that I sat exactly where you are right now, there is at least one person who finds this module liberating, a melting pot of ideas that consists of all the assessment, theories of learning, methodology, leadership, etc. that has been company in the early hours of the morning. In fact, I found this module so liberating that I branched out into a new career path while still using my passion for HPE as my true north.

And so, as I end of this part of the post, I would like to complete the sentence that I started in the title by saying: Another year, another opportunity to generate interest in the use of technology for enhancing teaching and learning.


Now for the " hard" part:

You will have signed up for blogger and started your own first blog (for many of you) by now. This blog post that you have written will remain text written in invisible ink unless you let us know where you are in the cyber-universe.

  1. In the comments below, type your name and your blog address ONLY. 
  2. Visit one of your classmates blogs (using the address you found in the comment section here).
  3. Read what your classmate has written and respond to them in the comment section under their post.
  4. Write your blog address and password down somewhere where you will remember it! (If you have a google/gmail account you use regularly, you will not need to do this as it is the same as that password)
And that is it!
You have completed your contact session for one of your 2nd year electives. Now I will say goodbye...and hopefully, hello to some (or all) of you later in the year again.

12 comments:

  1. Hi Guys and ladies
    To visit my blog entitled: Skeleton in my closet follow the address below.
    barebonesanatomy.blogspot.com
    It was great seeing you all again

    ReplyDelete
  2. Justine: geigersinger.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Francis Ooko. http://bundubashboy.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aisha
    simulationsatsmd.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. http://enlightenedbyhse.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lianne, I am only in the beginning of this module, but my experience of using on-line education during the University strikes, together with all that I have read, is truly expiring. I WOULD DEFINITELY LIKE TO CHANGE MY MINI-DISSERTATION TO ONLINE LEARNING IN SERVICE LEARNING. I suffer from technological "idiotism", so it is going to be a bit of a struggle, but here we go!

    ReplyDelete