Search This Blog

Friday, October 5, 2012

End of 2012 Week 1 - Let's recap

It is the end of the (work)week 1! There has been some activity on the module, but (to be honest) not so much as I would have liked. I presume everybody is still gearing up (or maybe putting finishing touches on their research assignments ;).

The course is really about self-exploratory and immersive learning, and I do want to encourage everyone to dive in and start participating. It can only work if we all are activated and taking part in the learning community.

When looking at the blog this morning I stumbled upon some of the earlier posts (June 2009!). I thought it might be pertinent to share them again as they will help you get started. So here they are:



I hope to see everyone on the blogs and commenting over the weekend. Looking forward to the interaction and grappling together with this interesting field of e-Learning.

2 comments:

  1. Well, I have read some comments from previous years groups. I could clearly see that they had the same concerns. So hopefully, the concerns we have will be addressed. From the the guide JP gave us, this week we should be starting on Designing and development for the next 2 weeks I guess. Time is running so fast indeed. To wrap up `analysis`, I think in the analysis, we were supposed to do some sort of needs assessment to identify a learning need. Well for Elna, a community need. It is from this need that one can go ahead to look at the learning environment and what students are crucially missing out. This need is not supposed to be big or 100% novel, because we do not have the time anyway. It could be as small as using sms to send time tables to students, thereby easing congestion at the noticeboard. at least I have done my analysis along those lines. Earlier, we looked at David Kern book on six-step approach to curriculum development. It looks related to the ADDIE model, though here, we are not focusing on a curriculum.

    Mubuuke

    ReplyDelete
  2. One could make the case that it is an essential part of curriculum development Muubuke. If you think back to the example I sent you of Stefanus Snyman's assignment, it was part and parcel of the curriculum development process. BUt yes, you are also correct that it should be a small intervention that supports an already established part of your curriculum.

    ReplyDelete