Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 30, 2009

RSS feeds in plain English

To answer Bronwen (in one of her comments) - I think understanding and using RSS feeds is quite important for the success of our module. You can subscribe all of our blogs (i.e. this blog, Wilhelm, Estelle, Bronwen) so that you get the updates and new posts and comments automatically.

To do this you can use Outlook 2007 (it has a RSS subscription function - the new feeds come right into your e-mail unread messages inbox!), or you can use Google reader (you already have a Google account - you might as well use that to sign in to the Google Reader service).

To help all of us understand RSS feeds, I suggest watching the following embedded Youtube movie from leefever of Common Craft! RSS in plain English - enjoy!





Let me know if you could add this blog and the others to your own RSS reader.

2 comments:

  1. Hi. I think I managed to add al three blogs - I got an undertaking from the computer that it would send all new postings to my email address.

    Regards

    Wilhelm

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Wilhelm, great news.
    You can also add your own blog to the feed so that you also have all your posts (and the comments) on your local computer. I have 8 feeds servicing the posts of all four sites, as well as the comments of all four sites.

    ReplyDelete